Saturday, July 30, 2011

Midwest Family Expo Update:

Attended Day 1 of the Midwest Family History Expo yesterday!

Though the weather in Kansas City is HOT (Temps in the low to mid 100's) the Expo has been very COOL!!







Went to sessions with Ruby Coleman who talked about Networking on the Internet.

Lisa Louise Cooke
M. Bridget Cook
Lisa Louise Cooke - a Google dynamo - held two sessions on what you can really do with Google regarding family history.  I think she's doing things even Google doesn't know how to do yet ; )

And,  M. Bridget Cook discussed 25 ways to write compelling true stories.  A very interesting person who knows how to connect with her audience!  Met some great people from around Kansas and Missouri at dinner!



Saw a great T-shirt that said "I seek dead people." ; )

I present a session at 2:30 today called....'A Grave Interest - Digging Into Cemetery Research!"  I'm sooo excited to be a part of this : D

~ Joy

2 comments:

  1. I hope your session went well. Sounds like a fascinating event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I enjoyed it tremendously - love talking to others about cemeteries : )

    ReplyDelete